Are you intrigued by architectures/design patterns like CQRS, Event Sourcing, Micro Services, Serverless? Single page applications with technologies for data store cache and shared state handling?
Is TypeScript your choice of language?
Do you want to work with a remote-first team, effectively communicating over text and video as needed?
We are currently going global, connecting the creators with millions of fans. Our creators and their fans have high expectations when it comes to performance and user experience so we have to work with the latest tech. Everything is done with scalability and performance in mind.
We work with:
- Microservices and serverless (cloud functions) in Google Cloud
- Docker and Kubernetes
- CI/CD (Github actions and CircleCI), Git, TDD
- Event sourcing, CQRS, DDD
- React, react-native, react-query
- Product development, incremental and continuous improvement
- Helping video creators get paid for their work
You learn while implementing, delivering code early while continuously improving quality. You communicate openly and drive to resolve issues, regardless of if they are organizational, technical, or personal. You thrive in an engaged team who work closely together to discuss, implement and deliver solutions.
We are hiring in the full range of junior to senior, personal fit is the most deciding quality, looking more for technical knowledge for more senior applicants.
Qualities we appreciate:
- Passionate about development and teamwork
- Curious and quick to learn
- Preference for simplicity and functional approaches
- Communicative, fluent in English
- Feedback centered
- TypeScript enthusiasm and basic knowledge
Remote or in office?
Your choice. We have a wonderful office in Sundsvall harbor, but if you so choose, we help you make a great home office, or hire a co-working desk locally. We meet up 3-4 times a year.
About the company
There are more video creators than ever, but practically no one earns enough to fund their video creation. We are obsessed with solving this problem. VOYD.tv is a video streaming service that helps video creators make a living from their passion. Now we are expanding our team with junior developers who want to grow into skilled developers in a modern tech stack. Are you passionate about helping creators? Do you want to work in a growing tech startup with global ambitions? Then VOYD is the place for you!
Not set in stone, but in general this is the process:
- Apply - Send in your CV or LinkedIn profile link; we appreciate personal letters as well describing why you are excited for this particular position.
- Code test - Within a week you'll get a response from us. If you pass our screening you'll receive a small coding task that should take a max of 2 hours.
- Tech interview - After the test, we'll have a discussion about it and coding in general
- Final interview - The soft one. Here you'll speak with our CPO Anders about VOYD and stuff