About the company
There are more online creators than ever, but practically no one earns any serious money. At VOYD, we are obsessed with solving this problem. VOYD is a video streaming service (both live and on-demand) that helps creators make a living from their passion. Now we are expanding our team with a Developer with focus on the front end. Are you passionate about helping creators? Do you want to work in a fast-growing tech startup with global ambitions? Then VOYD is the place for you!
About the job
As a developer with focus on Front-end you will be working in a small, cross-functional team together with three other developers, a tech lead, and our Lead Experience Designer. Together we create and continuously improve the services that help thousands of creators worldwide. We work according to Scrum in a high tempo and with great freedom. The work focuses on building a new platform that allows for global product launch, connecting the creators with millions of fans. Our creators and their fans have high expectations when it comes to performance and user experience so we have to work with the latest tech, always benchmarking against Netflix and YouTube. The code must also be maintainable for our small team which means working smart in Git, and with continuous deployment. We work primarily out of our brand new office in the Sundsvall harbor but we are also open to people working partly remote.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years working experience
- Focus on component-based frameworks like React, Vue, Angular or Svelte. We're big on React combined with Next.js
- Experience with working together with a UX designer for rapid prototyping in tools like Figma, Zeplin, Sketch or InVision. We're using Figma at VOYD.
- Communicative, Fluent in English
Good to have
- Experience in any JAM stack
- Experience with CI/CD, git
- Interest in User Experience and design
- Experience with native app development or React Native
- Experience with QA automation and services like Browserstack
- Work experience with video and/or audio streaming services
- Experience from working in a product company
- Creator experience (for example video or music)
You are an experienced developer who has found your niche in Front-end because you like to work with what the user sees. You are passionate about interface design and building solutions for millions of users. You are a senior but you still like to code and you like to share your knowledge with others. You thrive in an engaged team who work closely together to discuss, implement and run self-designed solutions, always with the end-user in mind. As a person you are driven, curious and social, and you are driven by continuous learning and improvement. Even if you have a niche interest you are interested in the whole, and you are keen to be a part of troubleshooting instead of just concluding "That’s a database problem, not my problem".